CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

62 lbs, One Heart Attack & A New Job One Year Later.

I can't believe that it's been one year since I've written anything on my blog. Becky and I have been on a crazy roller coaster called "life" and we hardly have time to even talk to each other.

(By the way, she says "Hi" and says she will try to do some kind of blog update soon!)

#1: Let me start with the last thing I wrote about almost a year ago. "No fast food for one full year!"

It was a success!!! I lost a total of 62 lbs.! That's almost a whole Back Street Boy! LOL! 62 lbs, and that was doing nothing extra, as far as working out or exercising. Just no eating any kind of fast food.

It was a good thing that I had lost all that weight because...

#2: Two days before my 42nd birthday, just this past Sept 4th, I suffered a massive heart attack!

I was at a Karaoke bar with some friends and just so happened to be singing a duet with a friend. Elton John's "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart." We were about 30 seconds from the end of the song when all of a sudden, it felt as though someone had taken a red hot knife and stabbed me right in the middle of my chest.

I finished the song, being the professional that I am, and went right to the bathroom. I began to sweat like crazy, got light headed and threw up. Just then, I remembered what my father told me after his heart attack.

"It felt like someone stabbed me with a hot knife, I started to sweat, got dizzy and threw up."

Holy s**t!!!... I"M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!

My friend rushed me into my car and drove me home where Becky was waiting. She then took over and got me to the hospital. From Bar to hospital took 20 mins. I was on the operating table within another 25 mins.

I had an angioplasty done. Two stints were implanted inside of me. I had one fully blocked artery and another that was partially blocked. It's been a little over 3 weeks now, and I want you all to know that I'm feeling FANTASTIC!!!

#3: Last, but not least... I got promoted at work! I'm still with the same heating and air conditioning company, just operating more in a management capacity. At least I'm no longer in the field working the crazy 16 to 18 hours a day. Now I'm at set hours from 8am to 4:30pm and I'm still making the same money as when I was working myself to death!

Well, just thought I'd let you all know that we are still alive and kicking and I promise that we'll try to write more on our blogs!

Unit next time... PEACE!!!

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi Matty!!

Its really good to see you back to blogging and that there is 62 pounds less of you.

The heart attack thing - yikes!! I'm glad you are feeling so good now - my dad was the same way after his operation - he was dragging before the heart attack more and more, but it was slow and gradual and unnoticed - and after the operation - man, I'm 24 years younger than him and I can't keep up with him!

Congrats on the new job!! Sounds like a much needed (and well deserved) promotion. I bet you won't miss the weirdos you stopped in on (all that much).

:) Welcome back - take it easy and get ALL better soonest.

Toriz said...

Congratulations on your weight loss and promotion.


How did the girls deal with the whole year without fast food?

Sorry to hear about your heart attack. I hope you don't have another, and that you are feeling better and suffering no ill effects from it.

Toriz said...

Welcome back, by the way. :)

Kimmy said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Matt!! WOW! I'm glad to hear you lost all that weight but sheesh....that is so scary about the heart attack! I'm so glad you are okay and you feel "FANTASTIC!". I'm sure Becky is too :o)

Glad to see you guys have updated recently but still miss your frequent posts. I understand though. I've been slacking off as well.

Hope to see more updates soon! *Hugs* to you all!

Anonymous said...

This design is wicked! You certainly know how to
keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos,
I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that,
how you presented it. Too cool!

Also visit my blog post healthy diet

Anonymous said...

Hi to every one, the contents present at this web page are in fact remarkable for people knowledge,
well, keep up the nice work fellows.

Here is my site ... anyone Tried quantrim

Anonymous said...

It really is of utmost importance which you portray yourself being a calm and assured leader if you are training your puppy. Dogs are load up wildlife, and they only feel protect and happy to comply with and send once they rely on that you are a equipped leader in the load. As soon as your pet looks your decision as being the leader, it will be wanting to please you and it will comply with your orders. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Sca46ujdin[/url]

Anonymous said...

If you plan on fishing for many hours, it is vital that you provide some food. If it is your first time angling, then its likely it could take you a while just before getting the 1st nibble. During this period, you are probably going to get feeling hungry. Don't trim your angling getaway simple from your hunger, so package some treats. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Somghjbuli[/url]

Anonymous said...

[TITLE]Christian Louboutin Shoes Show Women Elegance[/TITLE]
The initial step for securing an bad credit score fast bank loan is usually to have fun out what sort with collateral you will always be heading to work while using. The much better your collateral then the [url=http://christianlouboutinuk13.co.uk]quicker christian louboutin[/url] boots or shoes you are able so that it will safe your financial borrowing.

The majority importantly, provide your daughter with actions at home, too as outdoors home. They may possibly not want to get familiar with all of them, yet it's important for your tot to be treated as if they may be submitted. Do not go away your kid residences when heading out for dinner. Get your autistic kid with your own family just be sure you visit a household [url=http://christianlouboutinuk13.co.uk]christian louboutin shoes[/url] kind restaurant so whenever your child does misbehave through manifeste, it isn't this excellent a huge deal. Offer your child getting an environment filled with different colors and textures. This can help to have their consideration on particular strategies and in the incidence you give them along with chance for social interaction, this could definitely information them inside the years to come.

A smart first step in guidlines for finding the journey job of your particular goals is to have a tour instruction program. Instruction is readily available for tour guides, tour directors, as well as knowledgeable tour management. Thanks to tour coaching, you'll recognize about security techniques to achieve numerous travel strategies and after that locations. You will learn about working by using suppliers, handling emergencies, documentation, delivering instructive narration, and much more.

Based to the blueprint "torque = force ?time" torque arm, in absolute circumstances, to abrasion top heels, accomplish a hotlink pertaining to annex has increased, which the accessory will be initiated to abate the vividness. Therefore, one squirm heels to admission this braking force on that this agnate decrease.

The famous host oprah wore a classic of numerous materials . inspired suit in her groundbreaking interview with Michael Jackson. The tuxedo blazer Oprah is wearing in this interview is regarded as hottest fashion trends. (Even though Lady A wore this trend began to allow 1993!)This blazer and dress up can be worn correspond both dressy or typical outfits, and is totally a look that can go from day to day of the week.

Also, visiting different discussion chat rooms that cater for currently the niche you're especially interested in in could enable your family to assume of the latest good deal far nicer ideas on how and do your personal position creation.

Right as your kid also has been diagnosed with autism, you may at real first go via an actual normal kind of stress and anxiety mode. One as a result of the very first worries you may want you can do is setup guidance for yourself to can be helpful you deal with all damaging emotions you is going to be having about your primary kid. This can potentially enable you to among this overwhelming time. You might also desire to do some testing on your personal related to Autism, as it probably will enable you to on the way to know what you will possibly anticipate along with kid.

Anonymous said...

dating websites nsa http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/ dating without drama review
the code h dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com]samuel osei dating scame[/url] senior catholic dating
world greatest dating sites [url=http://loveepicentre.com/contact/]christian dating internet service[/url] friendship dating site [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/Inquisitive/]Inquisitive[/url] sincerity of men dating over 45