CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Radioactive Spider Bite?

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm back to my crazy long work schedule of 12 to 15 hour work days.


Well, it looks like I have the day off because of a spider bite!

As I was working yesterday, a Brown Recluse Spider decided to climb up my pant leg while I was working on an air conditioner unit and bite me on the calf. I felt it right away, but didn't give it much thought.



I got home and got ready to take a shower. When I took off my pants I was shocked at what I saw! A large festering swollen mess on my leg! That, and my leg had started cramping up and had become very tender to the touch.


I went to the Doctor right away and he put me on some antibiotics and told me to call him if anything got worse.

Now, I just want you all to know that, the job I was at was only about 5 miles from a nuclear power plant! So I'm kind of waiting for a slight transformation by tomorrow morning due to a radioactive spider bite...


I'll let you know if anything develops...

But between us, I think the transformation has already begun... My "Spidey Senses" are starting to tingle! LOL!


Until next time... PEACE!

12 comments:

Minka said...

Good luck with the transformation! There are, you know, quite a few worse options than those you published photos of...

Intense Guy said...

Matty Man, Matty Man,
Does whatever H-VAC men can
Cools a house, any size,
Catches pervs just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Matty Man.

Is he strong? Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing round the bed
Take a look overhead - Hey, there
There goes the Matty Man.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a circuit tripped
Like a streak of light
He arrives with his pants all ripped.

Matty Man, Matty Man
Friendly neighborhood Matty Man
Wealth and fame
He's ingnored
Heat n' Cold is his reward.

To him, life's a great wife to smooch
And two darlings that want a pooch
You have to like the Matty Man!!

Kimmy said...

Ewww!! I HATE spiders!! Those are scary spiders too! My brother and SIL both got black widow bites and those were really bad also.

We just had this scary looking one in our house the other day. It looked like a mini tarantula. SCA-RY!! Just gives me the heebee geebees!! LOL

Take care of that leg!

LadyStyx said...

Oh my. Glad you got it looked at somewhat right away. Woulda been better if it was right after it happened, but what can ya do when you're on the job?

Cammie said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I hate spiders. But it would be wicked cool if you started sticking to walls.....

Tori_z said...

Hope the antibiotics clear it up and that you don't start mutating. ;)

ChicagoLady said...

And people wonder why I HATE spiders! LOL

Deanna said...

My worst fear.... well, second worst fear (snakes)... SPIDERS! It's no wonder I'm not a fan of spider man. Take care of that - it looks bad from here.

Poetikat said...

Oh boy! I read something in Reader's Digest once about a woman who was bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider - it was no joke! They are very dangerous. I'm glad you went to the doc right away.

(I wonder why they're called "recluse" when they keep going out for a bite?"

Kat

Intense Guy said...

How is it going Matty Man? Have you completed your transformation yet? How'd it come out?

Alise said...

Did I mention that I also was bitten by one of those infernal things!!!!!?!?!?!? I was bitten in a hote - IN BED. Nasty creatures.

Tori_z said...

*Cups hands around mouth and shouts, "MATT! MATT! WHERE ARE YOU!" while wondering if Becky just neglected to mention to us you didn't survive the spider bite, or fell off the planet*